|PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY|
1) Who are we?
1.1. CTT Services Ltd is the Data Controller. ClickTo.Tax is a trading name of CTT Services Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales and the company registration number is 11326082. The company's registered office is CTT Services Ltd, Cariocca Business Park, 2 Sawley Road, Manchester, M40 8BB.
1.2. If you have any queries or complaints, please refer to the Contact Us page.
2) What is the point of this policy?
2.1. It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information. Please only use this website if you are completely happy with this policy.
2.2. Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. It does not cover personal information which you give to third parties, please check their privacy policies.
3) Might the policy change?
3.1. Yes. We will post any new version on this website (please check whenever you visit it). We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use this website after its effective date.
4) What do we collect?
4.1. Information which you provide for your tax return or otherwise give us such as your name and email.
4.2. Your Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) online account login details and Unique Taxpayer Reference in order to submit your tax return electronically to them.
4.3. Automated information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as your browser and its version, details about your operating system and its version, the website that referred you to this website, which pages you request and visit, and the date and time of each request you make to this website.
5) What is our reason/legal basis for collecting the information?
5.1. In order to respond to your enquiries and manage this website in accordance with our "legitimate interests".
6) What about cookies?
6.2. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). Further guidance on this, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.
6.3. The following kinds of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookie: This cookie enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. Also allows you to proceed through many pages of this website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. It will show under the name "PHPSESSID" in browser settings
- Web-host cookie: This cookie helps improve the performance of this website and is from our web host. This is a session cookie and will show under the name "DYNSRV" in browser settings
- Cloudflare cookie: This cookie helps identify trusted web traffic and is from Cloudflare's web performance and security service. See here for more information. This persistent cookie will expire within 12 months and will show under the name "__cfduid" in browser settings
- Remember-me cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you have ticked the "remember me" box on the login page. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to 30 days and will show under the name "auth" in browser settings
- Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to 30 days and will show under the name "cookieconsent_status" in browser settings
6.4. By continuing to use this website, having read this policy, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
7) What do we do with personal information?
7.1. Respond to your enquiries.
7.2. Use it to submit your tax return to HMRC.
7.3. Use your email to send news and offers for the duration you hold an account with us. However, this is only if you provided explicit consent by ticking the opt-in box via the Edit Settings page. You can opt-out in receiving these emails at any time by visiting the same page or clicking the unsubscribe link in the email you received.
7.4. Use it to track anonymised traffic and usage patterns, prevent or detect fraud or abuses and help us improve.
8) How long do we keep it?
8.1. We will generally delete your personal information when you delete your account (via the Edit Settings page). However, we may keep some limited information for up to seven years after your account is deleted for tax reasons. That timeframe may vary if we are legally required to keep information for a particular period.
9) To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
9.1. To our suppliers e.g. web host, email host or live chat host.
9.3. To law enforcement authorities, where requested by them or when reporting crime.
9.4. To regulatory and governmental bodies, where requested by them.
9.6. To any third party who has claimed their intellectual property rights or right to privacy has been violated by material uploaded or posted by you.
9.7. To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
9.8. To those mentioned in a court order.
10) What happens to your payment details (if we take payments)?
11) Do we send your information outside the European Union?
11.1. Your personal information which we collect is stored within the UK and is not transferred to any third countries except for the following.
11.2. Google, our email host, may transfer your personal information to the US. However, they are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. This provides certain safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal data. See here for more information.
11.3. Pure Chat, our live chat host, may transfer your personal information to the US. Where they do so, they will put appropriate safeguards in place. See here for more information.
11.4. PayPal may transfer your personal information outside the European Union. Where they do so, they will put appropriate safeguards in place. See here for more information.
12) What rights do you have?
12.1. If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict or object to its use in certain circumstances or to "data portability".
12.2. If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the details above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the ICO.
12.3. For more information about your rights, visit the ICO website.
Last updated - 18/09/2019 (2 months ago)